Important information concerning credit cards
· Details of cash-back program
· Information concerning chip and contactless feature
· How to interpret credit card statement
Details of cash-back program related to private credit cards
The Bank launched a cash-back program related to private credit cards as a promotion, in this program The Bank reimburses a certain part of the amounts spent with credit card in accordance with the rules described below. This promotional offer is valid until withdrawn.
1. Transactions to be considered in cash-back program:
The Bank calculates reimbursement amounts only for purchase transactions (“Purchase transaction”). Purchase transactions are payments of goods and services made by private credit cards by way of a transaction performed at a merchant’s POS terminal, or payments performed by specifying card data via the Internet/phone. Transactions not considered as purchase transactions are: transactions related to betting or gambling performed at a merchant’s POS terminal, or performed by specifying card data via the Internet/phone, cash withdrawal transactions, transfers and other transactions related to financial services, and fee and interest debit transactions performed by the Bank on the credit card account.
2. Conditions of cash-back:
- the Bank booked at least three Purchase Transactions in the minimum total value of HUF 20,000 on the credit card account during the relevant settlement period, initiated either by the Primary cardholder or any Secondary cardholder, and
- no late payment of overdue debt is recorded on the relevant credit card account on the settlement date
3. Calculation of the reimbursement amount:
- after each purchase transaction the reimbursement amount is HUF 1 for every HUF 100,
- if the Cardholder performs the purchase transaction on his birthday, then for the Purchase transaction the reimbursement amount is HUF 3 for every HUF 100,
- in the calculation the booked HUF amount of the transaction is taken into account by the Bank.
- Credits booked by the Bank from sources other than transfers, cash desk or ATM cash deposits (e.g. correction of incorrect bookings by posterior crediting) will decrease the total transaction value and number to be taken into account in the calculation of the reimbursement amount for booked transactions within the relevant settlement cycle.
4. Credit of cash-back amount:
the Bank credits to the credit card account the cash-back amount calculated for purchase transactions booked within a specific settlement period on the last day of settlement period, in a single amount, taking into account the following limits:
- if the Primary cardholder’s credit card is a UniCredit Orange Credit card, UniCredit Blue Credit card or Fundamenta-UniCredit Credit card, the maximum amount to be credited to the credit card account can be HUF 2,500 in any settlement period.
- if the Primary cardholder’s credit card is a UniCredit Gold Credit card or UniCredit Platinum Credit card, the maximum amount to be credited to the credit card account can be HUF 4,000 in any settlement period.
Information related to chip acceptance and contactless payment
The Bank issues credit cards with chip and contactless feature from 26th of July 2015.
Information related to replacement of credit cards - issued before 26th of July 2016 - and about its conditions is available in the prevailing List of Conditions.
Chip acceptance: in case of payment with chip it is required to authorize the transaction with PIN code irrespective of the purchase amount.
You can read more about contactless payment here.
How to interpret credit card statement
Check your statement
Always check your credit card account statement sent by the bank, and indicate it to our bank if you notice any spending that were not initiated by you, or the holder of supplementary card. If you have any question concerning the statement, please call UniCredit Telephone Banking service (phone number +36 1 325 3200), which is available every day of the week in 24 hours.
If you have not received the statement
Your statement is made after the closing of settlement period. Please call UniCredit Telephone Banking service (phone number: +36 1 325 3200) if you have not received the statement delivered by post within 8 days from the closing date of settlement period.
Lost/stolen credit card
If you have lost your credit card or it has been stolen, block it immediately with our Telephone Banking service by calling +36 1 325 3200.
Personal relationship with our advisors
If you wish to ask for information personally or you wish to apply for a supplementary credit card, please contact our advisors at one of the branch of our nationwide network , and our colleagues will help you.