Important information concerning credit cards
· Details of cash-back program
· Information concerning chip and contactless feature
· How to interpret credit card statement
Details of cash-back program related to private credit cards
The Bank launched a cash-back program related to private credit cards as a promotion, in this program The Bank reimburses a certain part of the amounts spent with credit card in accordance with the rules described below. This promotional offer is valid until withdrawn.
1. Transactions to be considered in cash-back program:
The Bank calculates reimbursement amounts only for purchase transactions (“Purchase transaction”). Purchase transactions are payments of goods and services made by private credit cards by way of a transaction performed at a merchant’s POS terminal, or payments performed by specifying card data via the Internet/phone. Transactions not considered as purchase transactions are: transactions related to betting or gambling performed at a merchant’s POS terminal, or performed by specifying card data via the Internet/phone, cash withdrawal transactions, transfers and other transactions related to financial services, and fee and interest debit transactions performed by the Bank on the credit card account.
2. Conditions of cash-back:
- the Bank booked at least three Purchase Transactions in the minimum total value of HUF 20,000 on the credit card account during the relevant settlement period, initiated either by the Primary cardholder or any Secondary cardholder, and
- no late payment of overdue debt is recorded on the relevant credit card account on the settlement date
3. Calculation of the reimbursement amount:
- after each purchase transaction the reimbursement amount is HUF 1 for every HUF 100,
- if the Cardholder performs the purchase transaction on his birthday, then for the Purchase transaction the reimbursement amount is HUF 3 for every HUF 100,
- in the calculation the booked HUF amount of the transaction is taken into account by the Bank.
- Credits booked by the Bank from sources other than transfers, cash desk or ATM cash deposits (e.g. correction of incorrect bookings by posterior crediting) will decrease the total transaction value and number to be taken into account in the calculation of the reimbursement amount for booked transactions within the relevant settlement cycle.
4. Credit of cash-back amount:
the Bank credits to the credit card account the cash-back amount calculated for purchase transactions booked within a specific settlement period on the last day of settlement period, in a single amount, taking into account the following limits:
- if the Primary cardholder’s credit card is a UniCredit Orange Credit card, UniCredit Blue Credit card or Fundamenta-UniCredit Credit card, the maximum amount to be credited to the credit card account can be HUF 2,500 in any settlement period.
- if the Primary cardholder’s credit card is a UniCredit Gold Credit card or UniCredit Platinum Credit card, the maximum amount to be credited to the credit card account can be HUF 4,000 in any settlement period.
Information related to chip acceptance and contactless payment
The Bank issues credit cards with chip and contactless feature from 26th of July 2015.
Information related to replacement of credit cards - issued before 26th of July 2016 - and about its conditions is available in the prevailing List of Conditions.
Chip acceptance: in case of payment with chip it is required to authorize the transaction with PIN code irrespective of the purchase amount.
You can read more about contactless payment here.
How to interpret credit card statement
Check your statement
Always check your credit card account statement sent by the bank, and indicate it to our bank if you notice any spending that were not initiated by you, or the holder of supplementary card. If you have any question concerning the statement, please call UniCredit Telephone Banking service (phone number +36 1 325 3200), which is available every day of the week in 24 hours.
If you have not received the statement
Your statement is made after the closing of settlement period. Please call UniCredit Telephone Banking service (phone number: +36 1 325 3200) if you have not received the statement delivered by post within 8 days from the closing date of settlement period.
Lost/stolen credit card
If you have lost your credit card or it has been stolen, block it immediately with our Telephone Banking service by calling +36 1 325 3200.
Fees and commisions shall be charged according to the Credit Card Contract and the prevailing List of Conditions. The bank discloses provisions of interest calculation in Bank Cards Term and Conditions.
You can repay the used credit line in the way that is suitable for you choosing from the following possibilities:
- by transfer from a bank account held with a different bank,
- by transfer between your own accounts held with UniCredit Bank,
- by automatic repayment from a bank accounts held with UniCredit Bank,
- by cash payment at any of the branch offices of UniCredit Bank,
- by cash payment through a UniCredit ATM.
The period for which the Bank shall send monthly credit card statements to the Card Holder. The last day of the settlement period (hereinafter: “Settlement Date”) is the same calendar day in each month. If in a given month the Settlement Date is a bank holiday, the day immediately preceding the bank holiday shall be the Settlement Date.
The last day of settlement period when the statement is generated. Date of statement generation is the same calendar day in each month, if in a given month the date is a bank holiday, the day immediately preceding the bank holiday shall be the date of generation.
A maximum limit set by the bank following an assessment procedure which shall serve as financial coverage for the transactions completed using the credit card(s) (main and/or supplementary card) as well as related fees, costs and interests charged by the bank.
Amount available for the cardholders at the time of statement generation, which is calculated using the following method:
Total credit limit- closing balance=Available credit limit
The available credit limit credit does not include the amount of transactions which have been approved by the end of the settlement period – i.e. the date of preparing the credit card transaction statement – but have not been accounted for yet.
The amount calculated according to the contractual obligations and relevant provisions of prevailing List of Conditions. The credit card account must be credited with the amount payable between the first and the last day of the grace period. If the minimum amount is not repaid in the grace period, the main card holder fails to perform his/her payment obligation and the late payment shall have consequences according to the contract provisions.
It is the last day of the grace period defined in the List of Conditions by which the amount due shall be credited on the credit card account. If the last day of the grace period is a bank holiday, the first bank business day immediately following the bank holiday shall be considered the last day of the grace period. Benefit of the credit card account is the date of receipt if received by 18.30 by the bank, otherwise it is the next bank business day.
it contains the following information concerning credit card transaction:
- type of the transaction (purchase, cash withdrawal, fee charge, interest charge)
- merchant’s name
- location (city)
- date of transaction
- in case of foreign transaction: original amount of the transaction, settlement amount forwarded by Internatinal Bank Card Organisations, exchange rate of the bank which was used during conversion
The amount equals with the amount of closing balance of preceding settlement period.
The sum of credited amount, which were booked to your credit card account during the settlement period.
The amount used by the cardholders out of the available credit line and booked on the account during the current settlement period, including the costs of transactions completed, the interests and fees as well as the amount of all interests and fees of previous transactions which have not been paid yet.
The amount of opening balance which is increased by the sum of debit transactions (+) and decreased by the sum of credit transactions (-). Closing balance is the amount of total outstanding dept calculated on the last day of settlement period.
Closing balance is expressed to two decimal places by the Bank on the statement. If the account owner intend to repay the total dept, in this case the amount to be repaid (total amount of closing balance) must be rounded up.
Arrange your banking quickly and conveniently through Telephone Banking. You don’t have to fit in with the opening hours of the branches or stand in queues, since you can use our wide range of banking services over the phone.
You can feel safer when using your bankcard if you choose our text message (SMS) service, since this way you can be notified of each card transaction almost immediately. You can request a text message notification in respect of your credit card and credit card account. You can monitor secondary card spending, too.
Nowadays you can arrange almost anything on the Internet, so choose this convenient solution for your banking transactions, too! You can access your bank account easily or you can launch transactions without entering the branch, in your home, on the road or from abroad. You can do this quickly and safely with the Internet Banking service.
- Information on credit card settlement account (granted limit, transaction details; automatic repayment services, loan repayment protection insurance, and settings of SMS services etc.)
- Information on credit cards (information on card usage limits; transaction details; settings of the SMS service, etc.)
- Information on the last accounting period (closing balance; minimum amount of repayment; due date of repayment ; booked transactions, etc.)
Personal relationship with our advisors
If you wish to ask for information personally or you wish to apply for a supplementary credit card, please contact our advisors at one of the branch of our nationwide network , and our colleagues will help you.