Mastercard Blue credit card
The Blue credit card can be your flexible partner: with this in hand, you do not have to pass up larger purchases or not-to-be-missed opportunities. If you plan a larger spend or wish to travel abroad, you can easily pay for these with your credit card because it can be planned freely and provides flexible payment opportunities. Enjoy the comfort provided by the UniCredit credit card!
What are the main features of the Mastercard Blue credit card?
- The card’s balance is not verified by the bank under the authorization process in every case so you are allowed to make offline (card-not-present) transactions with it, e.g. to book a hotel room or rent a car.
- Available credit line: between HUF 200,000 and 1,000,000, APR: 36,95%.
- The credit line may be extended annually automatically, and so it might be enough to apply for it only once.
- You can choose to repay the credit line used in several ways.
- In our cash back promotion you will get HUF 1 back after each HUF 100 purchase transaction.
- Travel safely abroad with the Standard travel, health, accident and luggage insurance which is automatically linked to the card.
- You can apply for emergency services for a separate fee: card replacement and emergency cash advance in Hungary or abroad.
A representative example: For the UniCredit Blue credit card projected onto a credit line of HUF 375 000. The monthly fixed credit interest to be charged is 2.22 %. If a credit card agreement is concluded with the bank for an indefinite period, the annual percentage rate (APR) for the 1-month settlement period in the first year: for a full loan amount, a credit line of HUF 375 000 and a term of one year, the APR is 36.95%. If you accept a credit card with a credit line of HUF 375 000 and after its receipt you spend the whole amount immediately, and only repay the minimum amount for 11 months which meets the criteria of the minimum repayment amount, calculated in this example: HUF 18 750, but settle the total debt in the 12th month, the total estimated fee of the loan based on the assumptions and parameters taken into account upon the determination of the APR: HUF 104 099, while the total estimated amount payable by the client: HUF 479 0998, which includes HUF 150 monthly closure fee, card issuer fee is HUF 0, purchase comission 0,3%, max 6000 HUF beside the interest.
Decide responsibly on taking out a loan
The Responsible Lending and Banking Terms and Definitions may help you become more knowledgeable on contracting a loan, while at the website of the Hungarian National Bank’s Financial Customer Protection Centre you can find product descriptions that help you make responsible decisions, as well as applications that help you make comparisons. Please make a responsible and prudent decision with respect to taking out a loan, taking your income into account.
You can use the credit card just like debit cards:
- Easy purchases within the country and abroad.
- Safe online shopping.
- Purchases with the card are free of charge1 as a special offer.
- Easy cash withdrawal from ATMs, both within the country and abroad up to your monthly limit, but the amount withdrawn will bear interest rate from the date of the withdrawal, and these withdrawals incur fees.
- Take part in the current bank card promotions with your UniCredit bank card.
While for a debit card you pay from the amount that is available on your bank account, during the use of the credit card the bank provides a certain credit line for you, which you can use with your credit card.
It is enough to apply for this only once and it may be extended annually automatically if the required conditions are fulfilled. Any amount repaid from the used credit line can be used again.
You can freely choose how to repay the used credit line, depending on your current financial situation.
- Minimum amount: in order to avoid late payment, you need to repay 5 percent of your total debt outstanding (used credit line) as of the end of the settlement period, but a minimum of HUF 5,000 (if the total amount of spend does not reach HUF 5,000, you will have to pay back the whole amount that was used). The amount must arrive on the account at the end of the settlement period but by the last day of the grace period at the latest.
- Total debt: besides the minimum amount, you can freely decide about the date and the amount of the repayment of the outstanding debt. However, it is important that, if you do not repay the total amount due in the given period, we will charge credit interest on the outstanding debt and the debt outstanding prior to the repayment up until the due date of the repayment.
- Free of interest: If you use your credit card for purchases exclusively and fully repay the used credit line upon the end of the settlement period, but by the last day of the grace period at the latest, the bank will not charge any interest rate in the given settlement period. The used credit line includes the total debt outstanding during the period: the transactions performed and accounted for with the credit card and the amount of the related fees and interest.
You can repay the used credit line in the way that is most suitable for you by paying the fees included in the valid list of conditions, choosing from the following:
- by transfer from a bank account held with a different bank,
- by transfer between your own accounts held with UniCredit Bank,
- by automatic repayment from a bank accounts held with UniCredit Bank,
- by cash payment through a UniCredit ATM,
- by cash payment at any of the branch offices of UniCredit Bank.
Conditions for application
You can apply for a credit card with a net monthly income equalling the current gross minimum wage.
- Be always up-to-date about your bank card transactions with our SMS notification service.
- You can apply for a supplementary card, so that even your family members can access your credit line.
- Choose a loan with a credit protection insurance (for an annual fee), and feel safe at home, too.
- Apply for an extra insurance for your credit card if you look for enhanced security for yourself or even your travel companions, for an annual fee.
Always make sure that your bank card cannot fall into unauthorised hands! If you have lost your credit card or it has been stolen, block it immediately with our Telephone Banking service by calling +36 1/20/30/70 325 3200.
This information is not comprehensive and does not constitute a contractual offer. The rules and conditions of the use of credit cards are included in the General Terms and Conditions and the Business Rules on Bank Cards, and the detailed conditions including the interest rate and fee elements of the credit card are included in the List of Conditions for Retail Credit Card Holders. The bank reserves the right to amend conditions and to make a decision on the issuance of the credit card and the extent of the credit line based on the credit card application and the submitted documents, according to the currently valid List of Conditions, the General Terms and Conditions and the Business Rules on Bank Cards, on the basis of its own credit assessment.
The APR has been determined in consideration of the current conditions and the prevailing legal provisions and may be modified in the event of any changes in such conditions. For loans with variable interest rates, the APR will not reflect the interest rate risk of the loan.
1 The normal fee for bank card purchases is 0.3%, or no more than HUF 6,000, which will not be charged by the bank as a special offer. This promotional offer is valid until withdrawn.