It may happen that unknown persons, using the UniCredit Bank name with fraudulent intentions, want to acquire our Customers’ sensitive information. To ensure the security of your personal information we advise You to read carefully the following recommendations and keep these rules in mind.
If You receive a message (e-mail, SMS or mail etc.) which is asking for your personal banking IDs, please do not reply to it, never click the inserted links and never provide any sensible information.
If You received such a message before our notification and gave out any banking IDs please change your disclosed password as soon as possible! To issue this change, please contact our Call Center via the following number +36 (1/20/30/70) 325 3200 or visit personally the nearest UniCredit branch.
How to identify a phishing message?
To be safe against phishing look for the following signs:
- UniCredit Bank never asks for the customers banking IDs (PIN, password, SMS-code, mToken-code etc.) via e-mail, mail or phone calls.
- UniCredit Bank always contacts the customers using the @unicreditgroup.hu address with the signature of UniCredit Bank Hungary Zrt.
- The fraudsters usually refer to security measures, while asking for the customers banking ID.
- The grammatically incorrect text is also a frequent sign of a phishing mails.
- Always check whether the name of UniCredit Bank is typed correctly.
- The received message is not similar, or bears a different form or reference, usually sent by UniCredit Bank.
- It is a common phishing process that the link, inserted into the message, redirects the customer to a fake website which is very similar to the Banks internet banking site and asks them to login with their credentials or to start downloading a malicious content. Therefore never login into your Internet bank using a link provided in a message. To access safely your account always visit UniCredit Bank’s homepage or the UniCredit Mobile Application previously registered in one of our branches! For banking via phone always use the registered UniCredit Mobile Application.
- Before logging into the internet bank with your credentials (or a website similar to it), please perform the following safety check regarding the website: click on the lock icon in the address bar and check its certificate. Enter the Internet bank only if the certificate was issued to “extra.unicreditbank.hu” or “hu.unicreditbanking.eu”!
If You receive a message which You suspect to be a phishing attempt, please be so kind and send it to the following e-mail address, in attachment, before deleting it entirely from your mailbox: email@example.com
If You have question, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service.
Thank you for your cooperation!
UniCredit Bank Hungary Zrt.