HOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR BANK CARD?
The activation of newly issued debit cards is only available through UniCredit Telephone Banking system. The system can be used after successful automatic identification by entering the Telephone Banking ID and Telephone Banking PIN code. Please call our service 24 hours a day on +36 1/20/30/70 325 3200. Please press 8 for English language and choose bank card menu. Private clients can activate their cards in the mobile application [UniCredit mBanking] as well.
To activate your consumer or corporate debit card through Telephone Banking you will need:
- your 16-digit card number;
- the expiration date of your card – to be found on the front of the card in the “VALID THRU” field (expiration date is in a month/year format);
- your Telephone Banking user ID, which is a minimum 4 or maximum 8 digit number. You may find it either in your Telephone Banking contract, or in your current account contract (User ID can also be found on the left side of the sealed envelope, which contains the secret Telephone Banking PIN code, under the label „Unicredit Bank / Telefonbank”);
- your Telephone Banking personal identification number (PIN) – a 4 or 6 digit number that differs from your card PIN. Telephone Banking PIN was given to you in a sealed envelope by our colleague when you signed the contract. You can find a label „Unicredit Bank / Telefonbank” on the left side of the closed envelope. It is important to know that you can change and personalize your Telephone Banking PIN code in our Telephone Banking system.
Please prepare your Telephone Banking ID and Telephone Banking PIN code for the prompt operation.
If you do not remember your Telefonbank ID and/or Telefonbank PIN code, you can apply for a new code in any of our bank branches or please contact your small business advisor or corporate relationship manager for assistance! You can find the list of our bank branches on www.unicreditbank.hu/hu/branch_finder.html.
Our private clients can define a new Telephone Banking PIN code by using the e-banking service [UniCredit eBanking].
Retail clients having partner card(s) linked to their main card and are contracted for the usage of the mobile application service [UniCredit mBanking] can activate the partner card(s) as well in the application.
In case of corporate organizations only the person identified via the automatic system can activate bankcard(s) issued solely for the identified cardholder.
You can activate your renewed debit bank card fast and easy with the first successful transaction using your PIN code.
The first transaction with entering your PIN code can be:
- ATM cash withdrawal,
- balance inquiry at a domestic UniCredit Bank ATM,
- using the activation menu at a domestic UniCredit Bank ATM or
- purchase transaction approved by your PIN code.