USEFUL INFORMATION FOR NEW CLIENTS
We welcome you as our new client and thank you for choosing UniCredit.
To make it easier for you to manage your finances, please find below some useful advice.
What do you need to keep in mind after you’ve opened a new bank account?
Once you have opened your new bank account, there are a few things you need think over in order to use your bank account conveniently as soon as possible.
- new account number: inform your employer that your bank account number has changed so that you can receive your salary to your new account soon. Our advisors in our branches will be happy to assist you. Just ask for a salary receipt envelope (Jövedelemérkeztető boríték) and they will do the rest.
- cash withdrawal free of charge: submit your statement to allow for the first two free ATM cash withdrawals totalling up to HUF 150,000 per month as per the relevant legislation. We inform you that (according to the provisions of law) you can submit the declaration if you have residence in Hungary (official document about the registration of your address in Hungary), in this case you can submit this declaration quickly via our Internet Banking system using the “Orders” menu.
- transactional limits: think about the amounts you would like to spend from your bank account, then set up your own limits. You can ask for the change of transaction limits via Internet Banking or via the Telephone Banking service.
- simple bill payment: avoid the queues at the post office and pay your utility bills electronically. You have the options of direct debits or standing orders, which you can set up via Internet Banking. You can also pay the amount on the bills by single transfer or use the yellow cheque option on the Internet Banking menu.
How can your bank card be useful in your everyday life?
A bank card can simplify payment in various instances. There are a few things to keep in mind, though, before using your bank card.
- new card activation: the bank card needs to be activated before use. Please call our 24-hour UniCredit Telephone Banking service on +36 1/20/30/70 325 3200. Please have your Telephone Banking ID ready for activation.
- changing your PIN code: to change the PIN for your card, choose this option at one of the UniCredit ATMs. Please make sure that you do not store your card and the corresponding PIN code together.
- card usage limits: please think about how often and what amounts you may want to spend using your bank card and set up an individual limit, if needed. Purchase and cash withdrawal limits of the bank card can be changed via Telephone Banking service.
- SMS notification on spending: you can easily keep track of your spending by applying for our SMS notification service.
- flexible account settings: you may set up multiple (HUF or FX) accounts for your bank card, so you can use the balance of all UniCredit accounts, even abroad.
- travel insurance: each embossed UniCredit bank card includes travel insurance. You may also apply for travel insurance for unembossed cards or for your travel companions for annual fee.
- blocking your card: always make sure that your bank card cannot fall into the wrong hands! If your bank card was lost or stolen, block it immediately through our 24-hour UniCredit Telephone Banking service on +36 1/20/30/70 325 3200.
Useful information about safe bank card use
- Write down the phone number of the Telephone Banking service and your Telephone Banking ID to have them at hand when needed.
- Regularly check your bank account transactions on your bank statement or via Internet Banking or apply for our SMS notification service to be informed about all transactions made with your bank card.
- Set up your own daily limits to suit your needs. Make sure you that your bank card is always visible when it is being swiped by the vendor.
- Memorise your PIN code; do not write it down, if possible. We call your attention again, that you can change your original PIN code to one which is easier for you to memorize.
- Make sure that your banking codes (Internet Banking ID, Telephone Banking ID, PIN code, etc.) can’t be seen by unauthorised people.
- Please note that our bank never requests your client IDs and codes by email or SMS, nor do we ask you to supply or change such details.
More questions about card use? Please read our Smart Guide to Bank Cards, which includes a lot of other useful information.
Electronic services for your convenience
You can manage your finances via phone, internet or mobile phone independently from the business hours of our branches, while at home or on the road and even when abroad, using our electronic services.
- Telephone administration: if you have a contract for our Telephone Banking service, you can find your Telephone Banking PIN code in the Telephone Banking PIN code envelope. You will always need that PIN for administration through Telephone Banking (except for bank card blocking). You can change this PIN code via the Telephone Banking service.
- Internet administration: your login User ID for the Internet Banking service is included in the contract you received upon opening your account.
- Mobile phone administration: to manage your finances using your smart phone, subscribe to our Mobile Banking service, which offers most of the functions available through our Internet Banking service.
Branch and ATM locator
Our site locator application helps you find the branch or the ATM nearest to you.
Mobile phone administration: to manage your finances using your smart phone, download the UniCredit Mobile application from Google Play or App Store and activate the service with the help of our advisor in one of our branches.
This information is not comprehensive and does not qualify as an offer; all the data stated herein are for information purposes only. The detailed terms are outlined in UniCredit Bank’s current terms and conditions, lists of conditions, and its announcements relating to the given product. The bank reserves the right to amend conditions.