FLEXIBLE ACCOUNT SETTINGS FOR UNICREDIT DEBIT CARDS
You can link several bank accounts (both HUF and foreign currency) to your UniCredit debit card simultaneously. You can decide whether purchases or cash withdrawals should be charged to your accounts in their predefined order, or to the account held in the currency of the settlement with the card company1.
What are the advantages of flexible account settings?
- You can determine the order of your accounts, and may later change the order flexibly2.
- You can link your debit card to several HUF accounts or a combination of HUF and other foreign currency accounts, which gives you access to the balances of all the accounts linked to your bank card.
- You do not need a foreign-currency based bank card if you wish to spend from your foreign currency account1.
- Your transactions may be settled in the currency of the settlement of the card company. If your debit card is linked to an account held in that currency, and the transaction completed with the card was made in the same currency as that of the settlement of the card company, then you do not need to calculate with the exchange rate1.
- Apply for our text message (SMS) service to receive daily information on the combined balance of your accounts via SMS.
- The registration and changes of the flexible account settings service are free of charges.
You have two options when choosing flexible account settings:
- In the case of transactions charged in the order of accounts, transactions are charged in the order of accounts specified by you, without reference to the currency of the settlement of the bank card transaction of the card company.
- In the case of transactions charged in the settlement currency and in the order of accounts, transactions are charged automatically to the bank account held in the currency of the settlement of the card company1. If your bank card is not linked to an account held in the relevant currency, the transaction amount will be charged in the order of accounts specified by you.
How can you apply for the service?
If you wish to link your bank card to a new bank account or wish to change your current account settings, please contact our advisors at our branches, who will help you. Alternatively, you can call +36 1 325 3200.
The information is not comprehensive. The terms and conditions relevant to the settlement currency of bank card transactions and to the settlement exchange rate are set out in UniCredit Bank’s Business Rules on Bank Cards, which is available on our website and at our branches.
1 In the case of transactions charged in the settlement currency and in the order of accounts. Transactions initiated with a Mastercard debit card outside the territory of Hungary are settled in USD if initiated in USD and are settled in EUR in all other cases; such transactions are always settled in USD in the case of a Visa card except where the currency of the amount indicated on the receipt/the amount approved is HUF and is the same as that of the bank account(s) providing coverage for the use of the card, in which case the amount charged to the account(s) will be the same as the amount of the transaction indicated on the receipt/the transaction approved.
2 In the case of multiple bank cards, the order of accounts set for each card can only be completely the same or completely different from the order set for the other cards.